Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 29, 2010

{DIY} Ava's Oh La La Chandy

I really wanted to hang a beautiful vintage chandelier in Ava's nursery. But, since we're renting our beautiful abode it didn't seem practical to buy and install one. 

A few months back I was flipping through a Pottery Barn Kids catalog and found this it was the perfect inspiration for Ava's nursery. After studding this picture a few times I decided that I would try to re create this for her nursery. This is what I came up with:
It was surprisingly easy to make. I used a foam floral wreath for the base and covered it with white ribbon and secured it on either side with pins. Then I arranged the flowers and used hot glue to adhere them to the base. And, to make sure it had that chandelier effect I added some crystals to the bottom of the base. It gives it that extra Oh La La feel
I think it looks pretty beautiful all hung up in her room. This is her view, so sweet simple and classic! 


BC Challenge
Week #16


Linked to:



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...