Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 24, 2010

{DIY} Pottery Barn Style Lanterns

I saw these great little mason jar type lanterns in the Pottery Barn catalog a while back. I love the look of lanterns, I have a few on our patio. These little guys come with a hefty price tag, so I decided to try to find a way to re create these. 
{pottery barn version}

And here's a little tutorial on how you can make your own version of these guys:
{Gather your supplies}
Cut two strips of the craft wipe to your desired length. And then twist the two together, till they look like a rope. 
 Using the craft wire tie a bunch of it {to your desired thickness} around the neck of the jar. Cut the ends and tuck them into the existing wire. 
Then attach the rope wire you made to the ends so that it looks like a handle, like this in the picture. Tah- Dah, you're done. Now time to make them pretty. 
You could add rocks or sand in the bottom or leave them plain like I did here and add them into a centerpiece. 
I added a sweet little mini pumpkin, and places them all onto a white serving platter I had and placed them on our kitchen table. 

What do you think? Pretty simple and awesome don't ya think?!! I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. They are really easy to make, I think I might try to make a few more for our patio to hang. 

Be Creative Challenge
Week #45 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...