Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 12, 2013

Simple Paper Chain

Paper chains, they are some of the most simple things to make. I remember making these a few times in college to countdown some pretty fun moments. My sister and two nieces are coming to visit us in just a matter of days for Ava's birthday.

So after Ava's nap time one day we sat down and made two paper chains. One for her birthday coming up, and the other counting down till my Sister arrives with her littles.

 photo IMG_3599_zpsa4cf7305.jpg

These don't really need instructions, plus this was a really great way to put to use some of that left over scrapbook paper I have lying around.

 photo IMG_3600_zps2fb16cb9.jpg

I cut up a bunch of strips, as many as the days we needed to count down to.

 photo IMG_3601_zps03f76d0c.jpg

I also didn't want to leave them plain, so I wrote on them and let Ava decorate them with stamps and stickers too.

 photo IMG_3602_zps8541b5d6.jpg

 photo IMG_3603_zpsdfec845b.jpg

 photo IMG_3604_zps5b905460.jpg

 photo IMG_3605_zps36cdb125.jpg

 photo IMG_3606_zps09d1ddb6.jpg

Then we hung them up by the back door, we'll tear one off everyday till they get here. I think this is such a fun way to countdown events with kiddos. 

Do you do anything special to countdown memories for your kids? 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...