Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 20, 2013

{DIY} A Front Door Makeover

I'm excited to share with you guys today one of the projects I've been working on for our new home. I don't know about you but I've been having a hard time trying to figure out where I want to start on our new home. I have all these ideas, and sometimes all this space can be really overwhelming. So I decided to start on some smaller spaces first, while I harness the ideas I have for the bigger spaces. 

I knew that I wanted to paint the front door as soon as we moved in. So I asked my DIY guru friend Destiny what kind of paint I should use. I used enamel oil based paint, I bought the Rustoleum brand already mixed from Lowes in black. I used a foam roller brush to apply my paint to my door. I didn't want any brush strokes to show. 

Here's what the door/porch looked like before the makeover. 

 photo IMG_3475_zpsfad9f564.jpg


 photo frontdoormakeoverbyworleyhouse_zps2414f6a5.jpg

 photo IMG_3629_zpsb4044afa.jpg

I also wanted to make a new wreath for our front door. I picked up up some supplies at JoAnn Fabrics, 3 hydrengas, a wooden "W" and a wreath. I already had on hand the white paint and glue sticks. When I got home I took the stems off the flowers and placed the flowers along the side all I did was hot glue them on, I also placed the leaves along the side. Then I painted the "W" white and then glued it along the other side of the wreath. Super easy and simple. 

 photo IMG_3626_zps02ff0e65.jpg

 photo IMG_3622_zps4935053b.jpg

I also added this cute "hello" vinyl sticker to the front door. Something cute for guests to see when they walk in the house. 

And here's the after, I want to add some more stuff to our porch maybe some lanterns and a bench on the other side but for now I'm happy with how things are coming along. 

 photo IMG_3625_zps66549d83.jpg

source list:
paint// rustoleum oil based enamel
wreath// made by me
rug// world market
topiary// old from a gift shop in MN
hello vinyl// lemonsandtea on etsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...