Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 11, 2008

High School Confidential

I've been anticipating the start of this brand new show on WEt.v for a couple weeks now. It's called High School Confidential. If you haven't seen it, or heard about it you'll have to go to the link and check it out. The tag line for the show is; 12 girls, 4 years in the making, 1 unprecedented WE tv event!

Here's the little blurb from the show,

12 girls. 4 years. 1 unprecedented WE tv event.
In this unprecedented television event, we follow 12 diverse girls through their tumultuous and exhilarating high school experience. They encounter sex, drugs, unwanted pregnancy, health crisis, and family chaos -- all while trying to discover who they are. Each episode explores the girls' stories through four years of heartache, discovery, friendship, and self-acceptance. These are stories we can all relate to.


I watched the first episode last night with Orion. In the first show I met two girls, it shocked me when one was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the other lives with her single mother, and has a reputation for being the "party girl." All I can say is that I was fascinated, stunned, and a little sad by some of the stories.

I felt like I was watching myself, or some other friends of mine as I watched the show last night. These are girls from a small town in Kansas, who deal with the same things every girls does all around the world. Some things about high school may never change, but I love having a new approach of ministering to them, and praying for the girls in my church, and community.

Here's a quote from the shows creator, that I just love:

I am infinitely in awe of the twelve journeys that she witnessed. Young women, parents and educators can learn so much from their stories. Their honest voices reflect the complexities, contradictions and pressures that "play out" over a short four-year period.

I love that this show was tapped 4 years ago, following their lives and we're seeing it now for the 1st time. Instead of following them while it's happening. Girls ministry is a passion of mine, helping a girl to see her value and worth through Jesus is my hearts desire. The life of a girl is so complex, so dramatic at times, and these girls are so candid and honest. It's refreshing in a way.

I'm so excited about the next 8 episodes, and I encourage you to watch along with me and look for ways that you can help the girls in your own world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...