Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 3, 2012

SNAP Recap: Learning, Growing & Connecting

This post is long over due, I wanted to still share with you all my experience and trip to the SNAP! Conference back in April. I'd been looking forward to this trip for sometime, and was excited I got to travel and spend quality time with my friend and blog buddy Destiny.

We had an early flight (6 am) out of Phoenix, and arrived in Utah around 9 am. We met some of our other blog buds at the airport. Holly met us there and picked us up. BIG thanks to Holly for picking us up, and taking us back to the airport when SNAP! was over.

A lot of people ask me all the time what's the point of attending such a conference? For me, it's the chance to rub shoulders with other creative minds. With women who enjoy and appreciate blogging and being creative.

But, also I have the chance to learn.

To grow.

To connect.

SNAP! was a great weekend of all three of these things. So with out further adieu I bring you my SNAP! experience through pictures;

Photobucket
Us with Holly at the opening session.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Amazing necklaces from Amy Cornwell. The theme of the conference was 'Just Be You.' Such a powerful message and reminder to be yourself.

Photobucket
Destiny & I.

Photobucket
The amazing Kristen from 6th Street Design School. I'm not much of a designer and decorator. I feel like I have a lot to learn but she had some amazing tips and tricks for making your space your own. 

Photobucket
The amazing Queen Bee Market was even more awesome than I imagined. So many talented and awesome creative shops in one place. I came home with just a few goodies for myself and Miss Ava.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Collecting business cards like trading cards. So many great new blogs I can't wait to check out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
One of my favorite workshops was called 'Blog to Book.' One of my dreams one day is to author a book of my own. During this workshop I was able to hear two amazing authors and an editor at Random House speak on writing a book. Writing a book proposal, and getting published. It was an amazing experience, and I'm excited about the opportunities that came from the people I met during this workshop. 

Photobucket
The AH-mazin' Shelley Smith from The House of Smiths. 

Photobucket
Me & Holly.

Next up, I'll share some amazing scenery from my time in Utah! I hope you enjoyed my first little recap of SNAP!

psst: We're having a little giveaway going on over at my Facebook page! Go here, to like this pic and be entered to win. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...