Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 29, 2008

Waiting Room

I don't know about you but "waiting" really isn't my thing. I hate going to the doctors office for two reasons; waiting and I just don't like doctors and hospitals. I'm a planner, I like to know what's going on and when. I don't like not knowing when I want to what's next. But throughout my life God has taught me patience in the waiting, that there are good things that come to those who wait. I feel like I am constantly learning that lesson. I am learning how to be patient, and wait on people and on God daily.
We have those "seasons" in life when we don't know what the next step is. Or those times when we're seeking the will of God and sometimes it seems to take longer than we desire. Those moments are always hard for me. The hardest part is clearing the clutter, and wanting to hear God's voice clearly. I heard this song once, and the line in it goes like this; "so I stand here in the waiting room of silence." Isn't that so true? How many times do we feel like we're standing here waiting on God's voice? We go throw those periods and seasons in life where we're looking for the next step, the next part of God's plan and will for our lives. And sometimes it's sooo hard to wait patiently, to hear God correctly for the next step, for his will.
I'm in this period of life right now, we have so many questions, and just want God's perfect will to be done. It's hard having so many questions at one time, and wondering what God is thinking, and what he has for you. I feel like I've been praying for weeks, and months and still wondering. Sometimes God gives us little bits of the picture instead of everything at once. That still seems to leave me with wanting more. But I am learning that sometimes that's the best part.
My husband is reading this book called; In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day. There's a line that the author writes in the book, "God wants you to be in his will, much more than you desire to be in God's will." Reading that line gave me this wow moment...when I finally realized in all this praying and seeking about what God had for us, and when, and where, and all my other questions that God was simply reminding me that he's still here and still has a plan. Sometimes we all need those reminders from God. God's will is the best place in life to be in, and I want that in my life. I lived far to long doing my own thing, and not really caring about God's plans and desires for my life...I don't ever want to be there again. God is teaching me lessons daily on patience and waiting on him. He really does love us, and he really does know best. I know from experience that when I try to do it all on my own it usually fails. But when I seek his will, with a pure heart, I know his intentions are always pure and out of love for me. His will is always best, and far better than anything I could have planned or dreamed up on my own.
For everyone who is seeking, praying, and in that place of the waiting room. Keep waiting, be steadfast, and patient. God hasn't forgotten you, he loves you, and is working it out with you in mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...