Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 15, 2009

Valentines Day, a Pageant, and a Proposal....

This is going to be a long one.... so sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or tea) and enjoy as I tell you about a very long weekend.....
Valentine's Day:
As I mentioned earlier in a post it was my turn to plan Valentines Day this year, I figured I'd give him a reprieve! Well, I planned a really great trip up North to Duluth, MN to stay at a hotel and explore Duluth since Orion won a gift card to a Marriott property we were going to use it and explore Duluth, since we'd never been there. But, at the last minute our plans fell apart when our dog sitter for Bentley back out. Well, I was crushed since I had this great plan all in my head. I quickly came up with another idea, since Orion already had taken the day off Friday before we headed to Stillwater, MN to shop, explore, and eat. It was nice to sleep in Friday, and mosey our way to Stillwater. We ate lunch at Nacho Mamas, and then explored every inch of Stillwater, and shopped. I found a lovely vintage bench from the 1800s that I wanted for my office....if it didn't cost $3000! Couldn't believe it, but boy was it beautiful! We headed home for a quiet night at home on Friday. Saturday, (Valentine's Day) Orion and I went to one of our favorite spots to eat lunch Rudy's Red Eye Grill in Rosemount, MN. We love that place! Then after stuffing ourselves it was time to come home and exchange gifts. Now, I'd come up with an idea to make or buy each other something that reminded each other of our first date as a gift. I was so excited I thought of something really great to get him that would do just that. Well, since Orion and I have been married this is the 2nd year in a row that we have bought each other the same gift!!! It's crazy, last year we each bought each other the John Legend CD and took one back. This year..... we each bought each other the movie Ladder 49. Needless to say we took one back and I got Seasons 1 & 2 of Jon & Kate Plus 8! Here's the story about Ladder 49, in case you don't know Orion and I watched this movie on our very first date...so that's why it was fitting to buy him this for our Valentine's Day.

out for our Valentine's Day Lunch!


The Pageant:
Later that evening on Valentine's Day was the Miss West Metro/Miss City of the Lakes Pageants.... Orion was going to go, but then decided not to. Which was ok, I met up with the ladies to head to the pageant. It was a great night, Tricia did awesome! And it was nice to see Judy, Kathy and Sara. Afterwards Dr. Glenn took us all out for dessert. Plus, during the pageant I won the raffle for Lakers vs. T-wolves tickets for Hubby!! Can't wait to go next weekend!! It's going to be so much fun. He loves the Lakers...and I was so happy I won them for him!!!


Now, on to the proposal......
This Valentine's Day my little brother Sam got engaged!! Yes, that's right!! I can't hardly believe it myself..but it's very exciting and we're all so happy for them. He called me a week ago and told me about it, so all this week I've been helping him plan a perfect engagement. He took his girlfriend Jessie out for dinner, and then had my parents and her Mom hang up a sign on a bridge that read, "Will you marry me." After dinner they took a walk around this park and he led her to where the sign was hung, got down on one knee and asked her to be his wife!! So cute, and so clever! I'm so happy for them, and proud of my little brother. Sam will leave for AIT training for the Airforce this summer, and won't be back till November 2009, they are planning a 2010 Summer wedding!!
Aren't they adorable!!! Congrats Sam & Jessie! Welcome to the family Jessie!! We love you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...