Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 17, 2012

{Our Little Jitterbug} Ava's Second Birthday Party

I'm excited to finally share with you pictures of Ava's second birthday! I shared the inspiration for her party a few months ago, you can read about it here. Ava's actual birthday fell on a Saturday this year, so we had her party on her actual birthday; March 24th.

It was a beautiful day, at first it was a tad bit windy that morning which had me a little worried. But the wind calmed down and it was a perfect day. We had so much fun celebrating her birthday, I still can't believe she's two!

I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking for me, and give you a complete source list at the end. It all started with this beautiful invitation created by CAKE Events. It set the tone for the whole party, and was just what I was looking for.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The colors for the party were black, white, turquoise and zebra print. You can find those throughout the party. I made a lot of the details myself such as the cupcakes, cupcake toppers, the lollipop favors, coloring pages for the kiddos, birthday banner, menu and favor signs and tissue paper pom poms. For everything else I enlisted the help of some great vendors to help pull everything else together.

Of coarse the feature of this party {besides Ava} was the dessert table, complete with yummy cupcakes, a cake, cake pops and candy. The record backdrop was perfect for showing off this musical dessert table.

We served a simple lunch of turkey subs, fruit kabobs, chips and potato salad. Guest washed it all down with our yummy blue raspberry lemonade punch! Each little one was sent home with a goodie bag filled with bubbles, a lollipop and some small musical toys. Children enjoyed the coloring pages I made using images I found on the web and made into a Word doc and then printed off.

Vendors that helped us put this party together:

Birthday banner: www.aworley.etsy.com
Menu & favor signs: www.worleyhouseblog.com
cupcake toppers: www.aworley.etsy.com
candy: Party City
cupcakes: www.worleyhouseblog.com
cake pops: made by a friend, if your local in Phoenix contact my friend Heather at heather.stuart73@yahoo.com she does yummy work!
cake: store bought
grey stripped straws: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThePartyFairy
coloring pages: www.worleyhouseblog.com
favor boxes & small music toys: Hobby Lobby
Blue Lollipops: www.amazon.com
Black Cake stand: http://www.amazon.com/
record backdrop & "2" candle: http://shindigz.com/
zebra cupcake liners: littlemonsterhugs.etsy.com
zebra print bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CakesAndKidsToo
party styling: http://www.worleyhouseblog.com/
tissue paper poms: www.worleyhouseblog.com
Ava's shirt: aworley.etsy.com
Ava's skirt: zulily.com
photography: www.photosbyandrea.org

If there's anything else you'd like to know just ask! I had so much fun planning this little party, and celebrating Ava! I couldn't have done it though with out the help of my Hubby, my Mom and My Sister in Law who all helped me so much to prepare.

Happy Birthday Jitterbug! We love you!

Linking with: Get Your Craft On, Tuesday's Treasures, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Sundae Scoop, DIY Project Parade, It's Overflowing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...