Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 22, 2012

30B430: Eat at a Restaurant Solo

Photobucket

#4: Eat at a restaurant solo.

I remember when I was writing this list and I shared it with my sister, after she read it she asked me;

"Why do you want to do some of these things alone?"

The truth is I've always been a very independent person, and as independent as I am there's a lot of things I haven't done alone out of fear. A lot of them being social things like eating out a lone or going to a movie by myself. 

I've always viewed those things as very "social" things, things that you do with your girlfriends, a group of people or your significant other. Not things you do alone.

The other truth, I was worried if I did these things alone what would people think? What would they say? Would they feel sorry for the girl eating in a restaurant by herself? Would they care? You get the idea.

Some of this list is about overcoming fears. As I've gotten older, and wiser I've learned a lot that I need to be myself and careless about what others think and feel about me. As long as I am pleasing the Lord with my life, the rest doesn't matter. 

A couple weekends ago one afternoon I was on my way to get my hair done, I thought it would take me longer to get there because of traffic but it didn't. I pulled into the parking lot and I still had 30 minutes before my appointment. I sat there for a few minutes not sure what I was going to do to kill time, then I saw a little pizza shop next door realized that I hadn't eaten lunch, I was pregnant and probably shouldn't go 3 more hours without lunch. Logical right?!

I strolled into the restaurant, ordered food and sat outside on the busy patio. Challenging myself to enjoy my lunch and not care what people were thinking. 

Photobucket


The truth is, I don't think people care. Generally I think most people are busy eating their own lunch and visiting with their friends to notice or care. 


It was a good challenge for me. A good way to get over silly insecurities. 


To see the full list, click here. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...