Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 17, 2012

things I don't want to forget.

There are so many small fleeting moments that I never want to forget through this journey of motherhood and parenthood. Small moments, insignificant moments that only matter because they are important for me and my family. But, I'm sure if I know a mother's heart like I do they are probably similar to the moments that you don't want to forget either.

Photobucket

We hold onto these moments, these memories and lock them up in the treasure chest that is our heart. We replay them over and over again like our favorite movie. We replay conversations in our minds verbatim because we've memorized them over and over again.

I know that everyday she's getting older, there are moments that won't happen again. Days that we can't get back. This is my small reminder to take everything as it comes, embrace it, remember it and treasure this life that we have.

Photobucket

I don't want to forget the silly conversations that we have together. Like, when I tell her she's a silly goose and she responds;

"No, I'm Ava." 

It's those fleeting priceless moments that making being a mother and parent so very special. They make it a worth while experience even when we are in the trenches of potty training and I think I'm going to lose my mind. Or when their having the biggest tantrum and it seems like it'll never end I remember these small moments, the things that I don't want to forget. It helps make all the growing pains of parenthood and motherhood bearable and easier. You know what I mean?

Photobucket

I don't want to forget that she thinks we live in a castle. Or the way she quietly asks for the puppy to sleep with her at the end of the day. I don't want to forget the way she lines things up and likes to stack things in a row.

Photobucket

I consider myself the memory keeper in my family. It's why I keep a journal, blog, take endless amounts of photos and scrap book them. Why I make the annual Christmas card a big deal and send them out. To preserve this life. To have memories we can look back on.

What are ways that you try to take in everyday life and remember them for yourself and your family? I'd love to hear how you make life special.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...