Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 15, 2013

A Mani/Pedi Party with Sally Hansen #iheartmynailart

I love doing my nails at home, my Husband got me a foot spa for Christmas once and I love pampering myself at home this way. This past weekend we had some friends over for a BBQ. My friends also have daughters Ava's age so I thought it would be really fun to have ourselves a mani/pedi party and do our nails as well as each of our daughter's.

Lucky for me there's a Walgreens down the street from my house. I made a quick stop to check out some of the latest nail polishes and goodies that Sally Hansen had to offer. They had so many fun displays, and I loved this mint & coral color combo I saw right away. To see more of my shopping experience check out my Google+ album here.


Using my Balance Rewards card these are 2/ $5 at Walgreens. I loved this deal and picked up several of the Xtreme Wear polishes. 
  • (3/31-4/27) Sally Hansen Extreme and Salon Effects 2/$5 w/ 1,000 points


I also picked up a Nail Art Pen, couldn't wait to use it. As well as a variety of Spring colors and glitter nail polishes. We had a lot of fun doing our girls' nails. Ava wanted hers pink with glitter, my kinda girl! 


Just a few snippets from our mani/pedi party! Now, I want to show you how I did simple color blocking on my nails and added some fun to my nail art! 


Some of the awesome Sally Hansen nail polishes that I picked up!


Color block Mani using Mint Sorbet & Coral Reef from Sally Hansen


Aren't these colors so fun and right on trend for Spring? I love them so much. I have a ton of mint going on in my closet right now so this was the perfect fit. You could do this mani in so many color combos but this is just the one I chose. I did a base coat of the Coral Reef, then I used some washi tape (thanks Kim.) and taped off half of the nail but at a diagonal and then did a coat of the Mint Sorbet. I really like the idea of an accent nail so I just did one this way. I then painted a top coat over it using the top coat strengthener. 

For more color combos and ideas check out this one and this one from Sally Hansen. 


Another fun product I loved is this Nail Art Pen, they come in just about every color I chose a white one. And did a polka dot effect on my thumbs, I loved how it turned out. 


You could also use this pen to make stripes, flowers, stars, even a chevron pattern. The possibilities are endless. Just a tip: use a clear top coat to seal your nail art or else it'll wash off. 

With so many fun options Sally Hansen has me covered and I can't wait to do my nails again at home.

click here
For more ideas and inspiration check out Sally Hansen here:

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and COTY #cbias #SocialFabric, all opinions are 100% my own. As always I only recommend products/services that I myself would use and feel are a good fit for my readers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...