Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 10, 2013

A Striped Half Bath Makeover

I'm back today with another house update. Slowly things are coming together, and we're taking our time. As a result I'm really loving how these spaces are coming together, even if this is the bathroom.

 photo halfbathbefore4_zpsb58a0f4f.jpg

Today I'm going to show you how we made over our half bath room. Located just off the kitchen, it's the last stop before the garage. I wanted to do something fun, it's such a small space and I kinda think bathrooms get overlooked at times so I wanted to make it something fun since this is the bathroom our guests use when they come over.

Here's a quick before:

 photo halfbathbefore_zps86966477.jpg

Our home was painted a nice neutral color so we decided to do thick horizontal stripes all over the bathroom. We started by taping our stripes off at 12 inches apart, using Frog Tape. That's my fave brand of tape to use.

 photo halfbathbefore1_zpsb81e9e70.jpg

Then we started painting. We used Olympic's "Snow" and painted stripes. I love Olympic paint because it's low VOC and I love that especially with two little ones in the house I don't have to worry about harsh fumes and chemicals.

When we finally ripped all the tape off it was pretty fun,

 photo halfbathbefore2_zpsab65c9cd.jpg

Then I started to decorate, we added some shelves above the toilet. Picked up some pretty yellow towels, and shopped the house for the rest of the stuff to add, here's the after.

 photo halfbathbefore3_zps59cea407.jpg

 photo IMG_3960_zps0d4d88e3.jpg

I really loved how it all turned out, and it makes me so happy every time I walk into the bathroom. I still want to add a new light fixture but for now I'm really happy with it. Have you painted any bold stripes in any of your rooms lately? If not, you should they are so fun!

source list:
shelves// target
yellow towels// world market
flower on sink// lowes
mercury votives// target
dove// downeast basics
"W" monogram// our wedding cake topper
willow tree figure// gift
glass hurricanes// gift
candles// ikea
keep calm sign// groopdealz last year

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...