Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 5, 2013

Coffee Date: Slowing down, enough to wait.

Happy Friday friends!

This week went by so fast, if I'm being honest it's been a hard long week. Do you ever have those weeks or days when the good stuff is overshadowed by all these hard things that happened? Where you're trying to just remember the bits and pieces that are good and great just so you don't get overwhelmed by the negative? Or maybe that's just me.

Today, no vlog. I may just cry if I did a vlog and who wants to see that?!

Today, I want to be honest. With myself, with you. Things aren't always running smoothly, I have my good days and bad just like any one else.

If we were having coffee today, I'd tell you that this has been my view for much of the week.

Holding this little guy. 

Because if we we're having coffee today I'd share with you that the transition from 1 to 2 children has been hard on me. Much harder than I thought. 


He has completely different needs than Ava did. He's teaching me how to parent all over again. It's a joy, but it's also very trying at times.

I've let the laundry and cleaning wait just one more day.


I've let the whole world stop pretty much this week just so I could focus on my babies and my home.

If we were having coffee today I'd share with you that even during these trying times in motherhood it's such a blessing. And, I'll be honest I've spent more time with me & the Lord. He's drawing me closer to him during these days when I feel like I could give up.

I wait.

I wait on the Lord.

This week I won't lie I feel a little weary. I feel a little overwhelmed. But, I'm thankful for my family. For this awesome gift of being a mom. For how the Lord encourages and sustains me.

If we were having coffee today I'd share with you some encouraging versus I've been praying and waiting on this week.

Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt. 11:28-30

If we were having coffee today, what would you share with me?

linking up with Alissa today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...