Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 13, 2014

Dr OZ 3 Day Detox Cleanse Review + Tips for Success

Happy Monday friends!! How was your weekend?

Remember when I told you in my New Year + New Goals post about wanting to do a cleanse this year? Well, we did it! My husband and I completed the Dr OZ 3 Day Detox Cleanse last week. 

I had never done a cleanse before, and I've wanted to do one for a while now but wanted to wait until I was done breast feeding as they are not advised if you're breast feeding. I choose the Dr OZ 3 Day Detox Cleanse for a few reasons. One being that it was only 3 days, and as a first timer I wanted something easy and not to long. 

Secondly, he gives you a grocery list and you just buy the stuff and follow the instructions. So easy. And most of the items I already had in my pantry so it was even easier for me. 

A few reasons Dr OZ gives to detox are: constipation, persistent headaches or muscle aches, food allergies, stubborn weight loss. You can read more about Detox Made Safe and Simple here.

Over Christmas I was a little to over indulgent and had way to much sugar, and I wanted to clean out my system and get rid of all the junk and toxins. A cleanse was a great way to do this. I wanted to share some thoughts on my experience and some tips for success if you choose to do this cleanse as well. 

First you'll need to download and print off the grocery shopping list and go shopping. You can print it off here. My husband and I did this cleanse together. I shopped for the both of us at my local Sprouts, but you can find any of these things in the natural section of your grocery store. I spent $85 for the both of us for the 3 Day Detox Cleanse. 

Tip #1: Prep all your fruits and veggies the night before.
This cleanse takes a bit of planning, you'll want to have everything ready to go in order to make your drinks each day. The last thing you want to do is wake up before you go to work and wash and chop veggies. If you do that most likely you will not want to make your cleanse drinks and not do it. The night before I washed, chopped and bagged all my fruits and veggies ready to portion out them the next day for my drinks. Doing this will make it a lot more easy and convenient. 

Tip #2: Eat something light the night before.
Do not gorge yourself on a heavy meal the night before your cleanse. The point is to be cleaning your system so don't over indulge on sugar and heavy stuff. 

Tip #3: Drink lots of water.
In the plan he tells you to drink lots of water, I echo this as well. You should aim to drink half your body weight in ounces of water a day anyway. Water is your friend and essential in flushing out your system. 
The cleanse actually went better than I thought, I honestly thought that I would be very hungry and just have to "push" through it. However, I was not hungry at all during the cleanse. I felt full and not hungry at all during the 3 days. I will tell you by the end for Day 2, I was craving variety in my meals and even caught myself drooling over a food commercial but not out of hunger just out of wanting a variety.

I did have a headache that lasted 2 days because of lack of sugar and caffeine. Which I expected since that's one of the reasons I wanted to do the cleanse in the first place it didn't surprise me that my body was having a reaction the way it was. 

I slept better each night, and found that my body rested better and I was able to calm my mind each night. Which usually I lay awake all the time when I go to sleep thinking about things, but during the cleanse I felt a calmness and was able to quiet myself and rest. 

Also, you might be curious about weight loss during the cleanse. Although it was not my intention to use the cleanse as a weight loss tool I did however loose weight during the cleanse, over the course of 3 days I lost 4 pounds. I also want to add that I also did my normal workout routine during this time in addition to being on the cleanse.

I had a great experience with the Dr OZ 3 Day Detox Cleanse it was a great way to re set my body, clean out the junk and start fresh. If you're looking to do a cleanse and ease into it like I was I would recommend this as well for you. 

Have you done a cleanse? If so which one? I'd love to hear about your experiences, leave them in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...