25 Christmas Things About Me
I too borrowed this from Dana (Just Talk) because I thought it would be fun to do during this festive Holiday Season... Feel free to grab this and post it on your blog!! It was a lot fun and really got my brain
thinking about Christmas!!!
Welcome to the Holiday edition of 25 Things About Me.Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Then change all the answers so that they apply to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper for sure! I always buy the metallic paper, it's the best, I love wrapping in shiny paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I always grew up with a fake tree, I don't mind them. One year in my house we got a real one. But, now for myself Orion and I have a fake tree. Do the math people add up what you'd pay each year for a life time on a real tree. You save money by having a fake one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Um, hello..the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? At the end of January usually.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Every year my Mom got my sister and I the Happy Holidays Barbie for our doll collections. I looked forward to getting her every year, and seeing what amazing dress this year's doll would wear.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My Mom, hands down!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I really want the Willow Tree one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail mine, with a cute photo of coarse!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? when I was a junior in High School a boyfriend of mine gave me a really ugly Christmas sweater. I felt so bad, he really had never shopped for a girlfriend before, I kept it and never told him, and later gave it to my Mom.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, that ugly sweater. :)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love pigging' out on the appetizers at Christmas parties...little smokies...shrimp cocktail.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, Only white lights! I hate colored lights!
17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually travel to Iowa to spend it with my family. This year, we'll be at our home. And then the day after go to my parents house.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Not at the moment.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a silver snowflake on top.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? A tradition in my house is 1 present on Christmas eve, and then open the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Snow storms, traffic, and crazy holiday shoppers!
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? I love going home and seeing all the ornaments my siblings and I made as kids on my Mom's tree.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Mashed potatoes, and little smokies!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would like to find a new job!