Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 24, 2012

Our 2012 Christmas Card

Wow! I can't believe that it's already Christmas Eve! I wanted to share with you today our Christmas cards we sent out to family and friends this year. Each year this is something that I look forward to. We don't send gifts to everyone we know, but I like to think of our Christmas cards as a small gift we send to family and friends and let them know they are in our hearts this season.

Sending out the yearly Christmas card is something I start thinking about at the end of the Summer. It usually begins with our family photos and scheduling those. This year I went for something totally different in our card. I knew I wanted family photos before the baby arrived, and I debated long about sending them out after the baby was born since he was coming middle of December 10 days before Christmas. But in the long run, I decided this would be our last card as a family of three and didn't want to feel pressed to get cards out before December ended and have a baby.

This year's card is full of bright colors in our clothing, the style of the card is something totally different than what I've normally done and I really love how it turned out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I always go through my address book before ordering my cards and get an exact number of people that I'll send our card to. Last year I just guessed and ended up ordering way to many cards and we had about 40 leftover. This year I wanted to order the number we needed exactly, plus about 10 extras just in case there was a family I forgot. I love my Erin Conderen address book. Plenty of space for addresses, birthdays/anniversaries, and phone numbers for each family. Plus extra pockets in the back for return labels and stamps.

Photobucket

I ordered the matching return labels this year, as we had just moved and I knew it would be a great way to include our new address. I also added our new address to the back of our card, letting people know that we'd just moved. 

Photobucket

Also for an extra touch I used two different patterns of washi tape to seal my envelopes.

So what does our 2012 Christmas card look like? 

Photobucket

I'm so pleased with the way it turned out. I ordered our cards from Shutterfly again this year. 

If you haven't sent out your cards yet, don't fret! Sending out a New Year's card is always an awesome option. Don't get overwhelmed, have fun with these. I love getting these in the mail from all of our family and friends. I really look forward all month long and well into the new year reading all them come in our mail box! 

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...