Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 30, 2013

Creating a Nursery Gallery Wall

Today I'm excited to share with you one of the first projects I've been working on in the new house. The nursery is the only room in our home that is close to being fully decorated. I'd hoped to have it all done before his arrival but with moving and Christmas all in the same month of his birth I didn't get it all finished. I've been slowing working on some projects to share with you.

Photobucket

Today it's the Nursery Gallery Wall. I knew I wanted to have a gallery wall in his room. Full of fun and special prints and pictures. The theme I was going for in his room is a modern take on vintage football. If that makes any sense, I wanted to showcase my Husband's love of the Oklahoma Sooners as well.

First I started by making a trip to my local Goodwill to find some cheap wooden frames. I went during half off Saturday all my frames were under $2 a piece.

Photobucket

When I got home I laid out all my frames on a table to spray paint them. First I lightly sanded them down, and then applied a couple coats of primer. I used white spray paint from Walmart, it's cheap about 99 cents a can. I let them dry overnight before putting any of the prints in them.

Photobucket

Here's the finished gallery wall:

Photobucket

I love how all this came together, a little collection of lots of fun and personal items. Let's go through each item shall we?

Photobucket

For each of our children we've picked out "life verses" for them. A scripture we pray over them while they are in the womb, and use at their dedications. For Zane we picked Micah 6:8 which is the print in the center of the gallery wall. When I saw Julie from Joy's Hope had this print in her Hope for Sudan shop I scooped it up right away. She has lots of other colors and prints and 100% of the proceeds go to charity, get yours here.

Photobucket

The frame to the right of that is a piece of scrap chevron fabric from his crib skirt {coming soon} that I framed. Super easy art to frame prints of fabric that you like. 

Photobucket

My husband is from Oklahoma born and raised, hence his love for the Sooners. I wanted to showcase that in his nursery. I got this Oklahoma State print from Merlee Made on Etsy. She has lots of state prints find her here. I also two of his newborn shots that I took to the left of the state print.

Photobucket

I made the alphabet printable and put it in a frame. You can download it for free here.

Photobucket

Lastly I whipped up some Oklahoma Sooner subway art print using some favorite sayings and facts about the school. You can get it here in my Etsy shop.

Linking with: Overflowing with Creativity, Sundae Scoop, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Create & Inspire

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...