Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 1, 2013

Peace. My Word for 2013

In 2012 I challenged myself to have JOY. You can read more about that here.  2012 was a great year, so many exciting things happened. We took on a lot towards the end of 2012 with being pregnant with our second child, to house hunting and buying a home, having a baby just 9 days before Christmas it was a whirlwind, and certainly full of JOY, and lots of opportunities where my JOY was tested, and situations where I had to choose to be JOYFUL and have an attitude of JOY.

The end of 2012 was quite chaotic for our family, not bad but we just had so much going on. We took on a lot and it kinda went by like a blur. Looking towards 2013 there are some things on the horizon for us. Things I am excited about, things we're looking forward to, and a few things that could leave anyone anxious about. But, as the last few weeks of 2012 came and went God has given me an overwhelming sense of peace over everything.

Photobucket

A peace that surpasses all understanding.

A sense that even though I'm entering new territory as a mom of two, I feel a sense of peace that HE will guide me and give me all the right tools to be a great mom and make this transition from one to two.

Some goals for 2013;

Create a peaceful home. Moving into a new home this year I am determined to create peace in our home, and make it a sanctuary for us to come home to. A place of rest and peace.

Find a peaceful balance in mothering two young children.


Create an atmosphere of peace in all my relationships, not that there isn't already but for me personally there are somethings/emotions that I need to let go of in order to have more peace in these relationships.

I'm excited for what 2013 will bring, and this word gives me something to focus on for the year. A little bit of a reminder & guide for what I want this year to be.

How about you? Are there any words you're focusing on this year? Any goals you want to meet? Share them with me in the comments below.

Wishing all of you a blessed year ahead!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...