Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 22, 2013

Soak.

When I was a kid my Mother would often times crawl into my bed in the mornings when she came to wake me up. And sometimes we'd lay there for a bit.

She'd say "let's just sit and soak for a while."

Sometimes we'd sit there for 5-10 minutes before getting up. Sometimes It'd be even longer if it was a Saturday and I didn't have to go to school. Either way I treasured those moments with her, loved having her near brushing my hair and talking to me in those moments before we had to start the day.

I look back on those moments and realize they taught me some important lessons. Lessons like, how important it is to sit back and just be still.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lessons like how important it is not to get caught up in things that don't matter and focus on what really does. Realizing that it's important to take in these small fleeting moments with my children who won't be little forever and who need me to be present now.

Photobucket

A lot of times we get so caught up (I do it too) in the things that have to get done during the day that we  miss out on moments that really make the day. Soaking it up means, realizing that it's ok if the dishes aren't done if it means I got some extra time to snuggle my babies.

Photobucket
give a girl a pile of paper clips and she'll sort them for a good 15 minutes.

So the reality is that my house is kinda a mess, we moved in over a month ago and we're just unpacked. Nothing is one the walls, beds are rarely made if I'm being honest. But, my kids are happy and healthy. We have cloths to wear and food in our bellies. And my family is complete. 

Things are kinda  all over the place right now, but it's ok because I've given myself grace to know that not everything has to be put together all of the time. 

Today we're soaking. 

And that's just fine with me. 

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...