I got this recipe a couple months ago from Get Fresh with Sara Snow, I've made it a few times since then and it's a BIG hit in our home. I've since then modified it a little bit to fit our tastes and what I could find at our grocery store. It's super simple to make, and made this last night with some brown rice and roasted potatoes. YUM!!!
BROILED MEXICAN FISH
- 4 filets of firm fish like Sole or Tilapia
- 4 T salsa verde
- 4 T queso fresco
- (I use cream cheese and spread it all over the fish)
- 4 t hot sauce
- (I use a lot more hot sauce and salsa b/c we like it spicy, but if that's not for you use the measurements)
- 4 sliced roma tomatoes
- (I add more hot sauce to the top of the tomatoes before broiling)
Place a layer of fish on foil lined broiler pan. Spread with salsa verde
Top with queso fresco and sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with hot sauce
- Broil until fish is cooked thoroughly and cheese and tomatoes start to brown.