Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 16, 2010

38 Weeks & Counting!

We only have 2 weeks left! It's crazy how this time has been flying by. I've been using these last few weeks to finish up getting ready for Baby's arrival. This past week we installed our car seat, finally! We had a really great time figuring it out, and putting it into the car. Good thing Orion wasn't as confused as I was with the directions. He's a genius, that's why he's the Dad!

We got baby monitors, and I finished washing all the last of the clothing, towels, and sheets we've gotten in the last few weeks.

And, Orion and I are enjoying the last few moments we have together just the two of us before we become a family of three! It's hard to imagine just how our lives will change, there are the obvious changes that we expect but then there are those that I have no idea about so I'm just relishing and enjoying these last few days with my Husband before we become Mom & Dad!
Me @ 38 Weeks after our Doctors Appointment
Here's our car seat: after literally testing out every car seat at Babies R Us & Target we decided this was the best option for us. It was the easiest to dis mount, and takes up the least amount of space in our trunk. It was also the easiest for me to maneuver, which is pretty important. It has neutral colors, which I love and it's perfect for us.

I thought long and hard about getting baby monitors, we don't live in a big space so we didn't necessarily need a monitor to hear sounds since our place isn't that big. But, I decided to make the investment now for when we do eventually have a bigger space and have a need. Plus, I am the heaviest sleeper in the world (just ask my college roommates) I don't wake up for anything, not even my alarm clock so I need all the help I can get.

We decided to go with these Safety 1st Brand monitors. What sold it for me was they are Eco friendly, they don't suck a charge unless they are turned on. Which all other electronics do by just being plugged into the wall and draw energy, these do not! I liked that, I also like that they are made from recycled materials too. They have a good range, we tested them out together and they were affordable too!

We had a good report this week at the Doctor. No change from last week still 1 cm & 80% but I'm not discouraged. Even though I'm soooo sick of being pregnant, I know that we're in a good spot.

The baby has a heart rate of 153, and the Doctor guesstimates she's around about 7lbs. She said it's just a guess and she could and is wrong sometimes.

We have friends coming in this week, and next week my Mom and Sister arrive. Looking forward to having friends and family here. I've been planning meals, and doing almost everything I can think of to prepare. And now I can finally say we have everything done, and we're ready!

C'mon baby!!


How far along? 38 weeks/ 9 months/ 3rd trimester

Total weight gain: 20 lbs. I've finally hit the weight gain that my doctor set for me, I'm hoping that I won't gain to much more in the next two weeks.

Maternity clothes? Yes, daily.

Stretch marks? Yes.

Sleep: None. and I'm pretty much over it at this point, I'm not going to be sleeping anytime soon. I've come to terms with it :)

Best moment this week: Getting the last few things we need for baby and finally feeling completely ready.

Movement: Lots during the evening, she sleeps and is pretty calm during the day but comes alive at night. It's been pretty funny this past week seeing my belly move into all these weird positions. She's doing acrobatics in there I think.

Cravings: Nothing specific, but I def. feel hungry a lot more in these last days and I can't seems to ever get full.

Gender: Girl.

Labor Signs: Some Braxton hicks contractions, but they aren't lasting to long. 1 cm & 80% effaced.

Belly Button in or out? out and flat.

What I miss: Nothing.

What I am looking forward to: Friends & Family coming to visit!

Weekly Wisdom: Just relax and enjoy these last few moments together with your Husband. She'll come when she's ready and the time is right for her. - my beautiful friend Lisa.

Milestones: Getting the car seat it, crazy to see my backseat with that in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...