Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 14, 2010

Things that got Me Through:

As we're nearing the end of my pregnancy (2 weeks left) I've been thinking a lot about the things that have made these last 9 months a little easier and have been helpful to me. So, I decided to put together a little list/run down of these things that have been my best friend and gotten me through.

These are in no particular order, just random bits of info on each:

Pillows- these are pretty much what I use (as most preggo women do) to help them sleep/support them during the night. I've been using a lot of them to help me. Body pillows are also helpful.
Palmers Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks- I didn't get stretch marks until the last trimester they just showed up. But, when I did I got this stuff and it's really helped in the last couple weeks for me fading them so they aren't so unsightly.
Merona Yoga Pant- I got these at Target a couple months ago, I have them in all black. They have been a staple of mine in my wardrobe. I wear them to lounge and also as black pants. They aren't maternity, but they have a panel that flips up to cover your ever growing belly and help to keep them up. Plus, I love that I can eventually wear them when I'm not preggo too and flip the panel down. Easy peasy.
I only bought 2 pairs of jeans my whole pregnancy, and I got them both at Old Navy and these two are my fave that I've worn over and over. And, I pretty much got all my tops from Old Navy & Target. I high recommend checking out consignment shops if there are some in your area, I found some great clothing for really cheap. But other than that only shopped at Target & Old Navy for my clothing options.
Old Navy Dark Denim Half Panel Jeans
Old Navy Distressed Denim Full Panel Jeans
Curel Itch Defense Lotion- My bff! I discovered this stuff last fall, and have been in love. Helped relieve my itchy dry and stretching skin. Best. Stuff. Ever. Nuff said!
These next two books have helped me a lot through out my pregnancy. Filled with tons o info that I found interesting and helpful for me and Hubby.

What To Expect- Pretty much haven't met a first time Mom who hasn't read this book. There's a reason it's still around.
Husband Coached Childbirth- Recommended by a friend, and it's been really helpful for coaching tips and those considering natural childbirth. Orion and I both have gotten a lot of great tips and resources from it.

These are my fave baby sites:

Note: These items/topics are just my personal opinion from my own experience. Meant to just be suggestions and recommendations from what has worked for me. I suggest and urge everyone to find what works for them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...