Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 18, 2013

{DIY} Numbered Canvas Bins

I'm back with another post on Zane's nursery, last time I showed you his gallery wall in his nursery. Today I want to share with you the canvas bins that I dressed up for his changing station. I'm excited about how these turned out, I originally saw these bins at Land of Nod for the nursery.


But at $12.95 a pop I knew I needed to find something a bit more affordable. I love the idea of numbered bins and I thought they went well with the vintage football theme I was going for.

diynumberedcanvasbins

So I made my own for $39 instead of $77. I bought canvas bins at Target for $12.99 for packages of two I got three packs. I already had the paint, stencils and brushes on hand so there was no cost just the cost of the bins. Here's what I did:

 photo IMG_3419_zps9f7e968d.jpg

First I taped my stencils to the bins, I found these stencils at JoAnns a while back and I've used them for several projects. I used Frog Tape to place them on the bins.

 photo IMG_3420_zps6587c1b9.jpg

I used a small amount of white fabric paint that I already had, and put it on a paper plate and used a foam brush to paint the numbers. 

 photo IMG_3422_zpsb336190c.jpg

Using a small amount I started painting the bins just dabing it on the stencils. I did two coats of paint making sure there was even coverage on each bin. Once they were dry I peeled the numbers off and here's what they look like now:

 photo IMG_3455_zps47501926.jpg

 photo IMG_3456_zpsb3db5121.jpg

They are the perfect solution to hold all of our diapers, wipes, burp cloths and other baby related items. So much storage and I love the numbers on them and how they turned out in the room. They really add something special to the over all feel of the room.

Linking up here: Overflowing with Creativity, Sundae Scoop, Weekend Wrap Up, Create & Inspire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...