Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 11, 2013

{How To} Clean Your Make Up Brushes

Photobucket

Today I want to share with you an easy peasy way to clean your make up brushes. For the longest time I didn't clean my regularly, I know gross right! It's essential to clean your brushes to help prevent germs, break outs and make sure your skin and face are the freshest and cleanest they can be. 

Photobucket
First, I clean my case. I use a baby wipe and wipe all the excess make up off the inside of my case. Then I use a cotton ball dipped in a small amount of rubbing alcohol and wipe it down again killing any germs left over. 
Photobucket

Next, it's time to clean your brushes. You'll need some baby shampoo/wash, a small glass and some hot water. I put about a quarter size amount into the cup and fill it to the top with hot water. 

Photobucket

Then it's time to add all your brushes to the water. Once I get them all in there I usually swish them around a bit to get them soaked really well. I let them sit in the water for about 20-30 minutes. Then I take them out of the water and rinse each brush again with warm water under the sink. This is to help get all the excess water and make up out of the brushes. Then lay them on a towel to dry.

Photobucket

I usually do this at night, because it takes a while for them to completely dry and they can dry overnight while you're sleeping and be ready to use in the morning. I try to clean my brushes at least once a week. 

All my brushes are MARK with the exception of the Cover Girl one on the end. You can buy MARK brushes here if you're interested. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...