Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 5, 2008

What is Healthy?

What does it take to be healthy? Does that mean work out all the time, eat the right things? What does it take to be an all around healthy person? By nature I am the one who takes care of others, I always have, and probably always will. But I think to myself, and evaluate my life at different points and I think, am I taking care of me?
Am I doing all I can do be healthy?
Am I taking enough time for me?
Am I seeking the will of God, or my own?
Am I making the steps to make it right?
Am I really going through, to get better or just going through it?
These are questions I ask my self often and frequent. Sometimes I don't always know the answer to all of them, but I know it's the direction I need to pray and see God after. We can't have all the answers, don't expect that of yourself, or anyone else. God does though. I've been "going through it" a little bit this past year. I am asking myself all the hard questions, seeking God for the direction, and to find a place of healing.
What do you do when life doesn't turn out the way you thought it would? What do you do when you aren't in the place you want to be? While, I don't have all the answers I do know how to pray. And sometimes when you don't have all the answers, and you don't understand. There is power in the word, and power in prayer. Does it take doing all that we can to be healthy, even if it means that we might now like the outcome, even if it means we might not like the process? I think so, I think God wants to bring us all into that place where we know him more, lean on him more, seek him for the answers, and the direction. It's not always fun, and sometimes we need to be practical and ask for help, talk to others even though it may not be fun.
But the best part of it all is feeling and knowing God's love and peace. That's better than any confusion, and that's a healthy place to be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...