Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 14, 2011

Get Involved & Give Back


Thanks to Walgreens for sponsoring my writing. Help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote.

Giving back to my community has been such a natural part of who I am, and extension really. Not only has it shaped my character, it has given me tools for life, and helped me to put others before myself. Life lessons that I am thankful for.

Source: None via Andrea on Pinterest


Community service has a way of changing you if you let it. Opening your eyes to others. A way of making your community around you a better place. Maybe you’ve never been involved in community service before, but you’d like to. Here’s a few simple tips to help you get started.

Think of your interests; what do you love to do? What are you interested in? Start dreaming making a list of how you can use your interests and talents to give back to your community.

Start small, start somewhere. I think starting small helps you to not feel overwhelmed in any task you’re doing. If you’d like to give back to your community through a soup kitchen let’s say, don’t sign up for 30 volunteer hours right away. Sign up for a few hours at first and see how you like it, you can always add more as your interest grows.

Think outside the box! Community service and giving back doesn’t always have to be soup kitchens, church work or picking up trash, although those are wonderful options. I encourage you to think of your interests and talents and think outside the box on how you can use those to give back. If you love photography think about using your talents to take pictures for a local community center. Do you love crafts and making things? Use your talents to volunteer your time to teach crafting to others at a nursing home or to children in a community center. I have a friend who creates crafts, sells them and donates the money she makes to missions work.

Service to others can also mean giving of your time and resources. Maybe you don’t have a lot of time, but maybe you’ve been blessed financially. Find a charity or organization to give to in a financial way.

Once you start finding ways to give back, thinking outside the box I know you’ll be encouraged and inspired to keep going in the area of community service.

Looking for some ways to give back? Here are some of my faves:


Photobucket


Join Ashley in her Change4Change Project, you can read more about it here. If you live locally in Arizona, check out her fundraiser that she's doing to raise money for students to go to college! How awesome is that?!!

Help my friend Danielle raise money for their adoption! She's got some awesome prize bundles that you can win for a small donation! Such a great way to give back to a sweet family.
one sweet love

My friend Destiny said;
"When you spend yourself on others, you won't be dissapointed."

I couldn't agree more. This week I challenge you to think of ways that you can start to give back to your community. And next week, start dreaming of ways that you can actually make this happen.

I'd love to hear more ways you give back. Let me know in the comments below!


Don't forget to help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...