Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 16, 2011

Watch Me Grow: 17 Months

We interrupt Our Happy Home Organizational Series to bring you this post about Ava.

Specifically, how fast she's growing! Baby girl is 17 months old, almost 18 months old. I thought we'd better record this before she turns another month older.

Seriously, my growing toddler is bittersweet for me. Do any other Moms/Parents feel this way? I love that she's growing, changing and learning. But, I'm sad that everyday she shows more and more signs that she's not a baby anymore.

Now, you might think this would make me want to have another one but alas I am not ready to. We're not ready for #2. So for all that have asked there's our answer. As I told my friend Cody recently, ask me again after Christmas. We're revisiting {baby making} at that time.

But, enough about me. Let's talk about Ava for a bit.

Everyday I'm trying to teach her new and different words. Just yesterday she said the word yellow. She now says; "gabba-gabba." Which means she wants to watch Yo-Gabba-Gabba. She's obsessed, it's nuts. I might add that it's pretty cute to watch her dance and jump around to the music. I'm not so secretly trying to get my Husband to dress up like DJ Lance for Halloween. {I'll let you know how that goes.}

Photobucket

Some fun stories:

Recently she's been running around the house in her bath towel after she's had a bath. You take her out of the tub and she's starts running, screaming/laughing around the house. It's literally the cutest thing, and we enjoy this new habit as part of our nightly routine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She's also been quite the traveler this month too, at the end of August we traveled to Iowa just her and I to visit family. She was great on the plane. Last weekend we took a mini family road trip as Hubby & baby came with me on a photography job. So thankful that I could have them with me the entire weekend even though I was busy most of the time shooting an event.

Photobucket

We cheered on our Hawks even though they lost to Iowa State we still love them! Every time I visit Iowa I make sure to pick up some Hawkeye gear for us. I got Ava this cute little tank on our last trip.

She's also become quite fond of this baby bouncer, she really can no longer fit in it but I see her dragging it across the living room floor to sit in it which watching Yo Gabba-Gabba. It's pretty cute as well.

Photobucket

There you have it, a quick little up date about how our girl is doing. We're looking forward to celebrating 18 months soon with her. And, every month that goes by I still can't believe how fast it's gone. How big she's getting, I don't think I'll ever get used to it. For now though, I will treasure it and take in as much as I truly can. 

{images via Instagram}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...