Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 30, 2012

Spicy Creamy Chicken Taquitos

I found a creamy chicken taquito recipe on Pinterest a few weeks back, I wanted to make it but I didn't have all the ingredients it asked for so I improvised with what I had on hand already. Here's my version:

What you'll need:
1 red & 1 green bell pepper
1 medium yellow onion
1 handful of cilantro
Philadelphia Cooking Creme Santa Fe Blend
Half a rotisserie chicken shredded
Corn tortillas {I used the smaller ones and they broke midway, I would suggest using the 10 inch ones instead.}
Oil {to brush on top of taquitos}


Photobucket


Preheat your oven at 400 degrees.

Coarsely chop up your peppers, onion and cilantro and add them to the pan, heat them through. Next add the shredded chicken and cook together. Once cooked together add in the cooking creme and heat through.

Photobucket

Next, take your tortillas and fill them with the mixture. Fill them up as much as you'd like and as many as the mixture will allow for your tortillas. Brush the tops of your tortillas with oil, salt the tops and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden on top and a little crispy on the edges.

Photobucket

Remove from the oven top with cheese and plate them. I added some sour cream and salsa to the side for dipping!

Enjoy! These have just the right amount of spice and are delish!

Linked With: Weekend Wrap Up Party, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Get Your Craft On, Sundae Scoop

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...