We were supposed to head to Iowa this weekend, but instead had a change of plans and decided to stay close to home. I thought things would slow down during this month, but I am realizing they aren't going to till after October, and that's ok.
* Friday, Hubby and I grabbed Chinese food, movies, and stayed in for the night. It was so nice to just relax after a crazy week.
* Saturday, we got up early and made breakfast together. I left that morning for a pedicure, while my amazing Hubby cleaned the house. I made it home by 11 am just in time for Hawkeye kick off! I sat on the couch for a few hours watching my team kick ISU! We won 17-5! I was so excited! It was a good afternoon.
* Saturday late afternoon, I was inspired to make meals ahead of time to have on hand for the freezer! I was a cooking machine. I made 2 pans of lasagna to freeze. Apple crisp for my hubby, and dinner that night for us and a friend! I must say, as nice as it was cooking that much was tiring.
* Saturday night we chilled in front of the t.v. for the OU football game. It was a full day of FB in our house, watching both of our favorite teams. They both won, and we are just glad they never play each other! That would be a house divided.
* Sunday, after church I headed out for the day to spend it with the contestants of this years' Miss Twin Cities competition. 16 amazing young women, we spent of day of prep. Getting together to answer questions, do mock interviews, and give them tips & tricks for hair, make-up and wardrobe. It was a fun afternoon. Next up for the girls; our service project on Sept. 27th with FMSC. It's going to be a good year, if you haven't gotten your tickets for the show visit www.misstwincities.com
I love my weekends, this next week is low key with nothing to do this coming weekend at all... it could change but I am looking forward to a weekend of nothing!