Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 2, 2008

Book #3 In the Challenge & a Review

I finished sTORI Telling this weekend at the cabin, it was so nice. Hubby and I sat around Sunday night and just read. We never seem to have time to do that, so it was really refreshing and nice. Now, I am on to book #3 in the challenge. For that I've chosen one of my all time favorite authors Nicholas Sparks, I am in love with his writing. I would love to write like him someday, and I am a sucker for all his love stories...he comes up with some good ones. Book #3 is called At First Sight, ( it's not about the movie) I started it yesterday on the trip home from the cabin. I'm not to far into it yet, but so far it's good.
I'm only on book #3 but I am loving this challenge, if it takes a bet with my husband to get me to read more then so be it... plus I am winning which is even better! I'll keep you posted! And if you're wondering what Hubby is reading right now? Well I'll tell you... he's reading a book about the JFK assignation called A Perfect Murder. So far he loves it! But he's still on book #1!! (he, he, he)

For Review

***

Book #1 Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. Loved this book. It really opened my eyes to a new way to pray for my Husband, and gave me a new direction and motivation. I recommend it to anyone who's a wife, or is engaged who wants to know more about what their husband needs in a prayer partner.








Book #2 sTORI Telling by Tori Spelling Now, I know what you're thinking, go ahead have your laugh! But, I actually really loved this book. I watch Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood regularly and let's face it I've been a fan of 90210 since I was a teen. On the show Tori & Dean make a ton of references to her book, and I felt a little in the dark about it all. I decided I was going to read it, and see for myself what's in this book they are speaking of. I loved reading it. It's a biography of her life up till now. While I don't agree with every decision she's made in life, nor do I condone it with that said you get a glimpse into the life of a girl who really just wanted a normal life, and her life has been anything but. She's a real person, and not the celebrity hype you see on t.v. or in the news. I love biographies and loved this one as well.




Book #3 At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

..... still in progress... I'll let you know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...