Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 3, 2011

Weekending.

This was a busy yet productive weekend. Friday I decided that this was going to be a "get stuff done" kinda weekend. I had a lot of things on my list that I wanted to accomplish. Luckily, Hubby was on board and was made it happen. 

Fridays are my day off, and my day home with Ava. It's always such a fun time for us, and it goes by to fast the weekends do in general. It's been just a little over a month since Orion started his new job and isn't working weekends anymore {insert happy day, perma grin, and whatever else that sounds happy} we've been loving having him home, on a better schedule and enjoying our time with him. 

Anyway, back to Friday.......

She arrived in the mail, my Valentine's Day gift. She was on back order and I couldn't be more excited that she finally came.

Photobucket

Friday during Ava's morning nap after I ripped open my package I decided to sit down and craft somethings for Ava's Closet and some new ideas that we running in my head. Here's what I came up with, just a peek at some of the stuff I worked on that day.

Photobucket

Saturday, while Orion was out getting the car serviced I decided to tackle Ava's room. Since we moved apartments last year when she was 6 months old I haven't painted and put back her nursery the way it was when she came home. Being in a rental I didn't really want to re do it all over again, and waste the money on more paint when I knew in the long run we weren't going to be here forever. But recently we've been talking about possibly moving to a different place and since I know we probably won't be here much longer I didn't want to invest anymore time or money into decorating her room. But, we knew we needed to come up with a different layout for her to accommodate all her toys and all the baby stuff we're getting. So we decided that we'd change her room and make it a little more functional. So while Orion was out, I cleared it all out moved some stuff, did a deep clean and started to arrange it back in a better way. Here's the before:

Photobucket

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, organizing and making some donate piles to take to Goodwill. We made a great team and together we got a lot farther than I would have alone. Plus, I needed the muscles to lift stuff I couldn't. {wink, wink}

Sunday, Orion and I worked on our wall collage to go over our fire place mantle. We want to put some of the pictures from our family shoot there. We traced them all out and made templates and arranged them on the floor trying to decide where we wanted them. Then put them on the wall to test it out; 

Photobucket

And sometime after that I decided that some baking was in order and made these coffee cake muffins. Perfect for me to grab on the go while I'm off to work. 

Photobucket

I love weekends.

How about you? What did you do this weekend?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...