Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 21, 2011

{Closet Series} Cori from La Vie Petite

Photobucket

Happy Friday Everyone! Welcome back to our Closet Series! Today I'm excited to share with you one very fashionable lady! I first found Cori's blog through another blog and qucikly found myself coming back for more each week. She's got some great style sense. She's currently doing a series called Dressing on A Dime that I'm loving.

And she was right about straight legged jeans. Nuff said.

I'm excited to have her sharing with us today.

*****







Hey guys!  I'm Cori from La Vie Petite.  








I blog about my family often, life sometimes, and what I wear mostly.  I like to sew my own clothes.





I know there are a lot of people who think that caring about how you dress is shallow, but the way I see it, if you're getting dressed anyway you might as well love what you're wearing, right?

I didn't always know how to dress myself.  Especially since I'm under 4'11" and they don't generally make adult clothing in my size.  It took me years to overcome my resigned state of kid's section shopping and learn how to dress for my body.




Dressing well is work, I'm not going to lie.  Especially when finding clothes doesn't come easy.  One of the most important things about getting dressed well, is organization.  If you don't know where your stuff is, you don't know what you have, and it's hard to use what you're not aware of.
Plus, I find I'm more creative in a clean and organized space.

And yes getting dressed requires creativity sometimes. (always)

So I'd like to invite you to go boldly where few have gone before.

Into the innards of my closet.

brace yourself.



I hang my clothes my the color.  That way I always know where stuff is, and it helps in pairing colors.



You can't really tell, but my skirts are organized by type (pencil, pleated, etc) and my dresses by color.



The staging area.  The key to getting ready efficiently in the mornings (especially since I have 5 people to get out the door) is being prepared.  I like to pick out several outfits in advance and hang them in my "staging area."  That way, when it's Tuesday morning and we're in a hurry I don't have to ask myself that all important question, "What am I going to wear today?"

I just go right in the closet and there are 4-5 options waiting for me.







I dream of built in shoe shelves.  But until then, these racks do the trick magically and they cost about $3 a pop at Walmart.



Like most married women, I share my closet with a boy.  My boy happens to not be much of a clothes horse though, (the man hates shopping) so most of the space is mine, all mine! 

(Mwah haha.)








I keep my accessories in my dresser.  I find that's where they stay the most organized.  I also find that I have an obsession with colorful skinny belts.
But I'm okay with this.





There you have it.  It's not fancy, but it works.  And that's what's most important.


Come stop by La Vie Petite and say hi!
Photobucket
 
*******
 
 

Isn't that awesome! I love the idea of a "staging area" considering how I hate getting dressed in the morning and agonzize over how "I have nothing to wear" on most days! I really like that tip, maybe it'll start helping me get dressed better in the mornings by using some of her tips!

Make sure you visit La Vie Petite today, and give her some love! I promise you'll be hooked!


What was your favorite part?!! Tell me in the comments below.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...