Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 19, 2011

Turning 29 & Some Birthday Reflections

Yesterday was my 29th birthday! My husband surprised me with an hour long massage and some shopping. We also went out to dinner together as a family. I feel truly blessed to have both my daughter and a great Husband to share this birthday with.

I love birthdays, I have ever since I was a kid. There's just something about a whole day to celebrate YOU; that makes me happy and excited. I love celebrating others birthdays as well. Making them special for people, and honoring and celebrating them on a special day.

And, the truth is I don't mind getting older. I like to think of it as a chance to remember all the amazing things in the last year. An opportunity to have learned something from the lessons and things I've been through in the last year. A time to look at the next year and go over all that I want to accomplish.



Wouldn't it be amazing if we could challenge ourselves to live each day like this? Like a new beginning? Or a chance to learn something from this life we're living?

Truth is, the week before my birthday was a really hard one for me. I was feeling all contemplative about my life. The season I'm in. Disappointed a little about the things I haven't yet accomplished yet by 29 years of age. Feeling very discouraged about life and my relationships. I cried a lot. I spent a lot of time talking and reflecting about what I want this next year to be about.

The reality is today is the best day to start doing the things I want to do. Instead of being so distracted and disappointed at the fact that I haven't done these things I want to take today, tomorrow and the next year to start accomplishing the goals and dreams that the Lord laid on my heart years ago.

Today is the best day to dream.

Today is the best day to learn.

Today is the best day to give of yourself to others.

Today is the best day to make more of an effort with the people around you.

Today is the best day to accomplish goals and go after your dreams.

What can you do today to start living the life you want, and accomplishing your dreams?



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...