Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 26, 2011

{Closet Series} Jen from Iheart Organizing

Photobucket

Can you believe that we're already in the last week of October?! This month has seriously flown by me. It's been a good month so far, busy with lots of things at home. I'm looking forward to cooler temps here in AZ, and the birth of some beautiful babies from some of my girl friends! What could be more of a blessing than new life!

Today, I am excited to have with us on the blog Jen from Iheart Organizing! She's been a fave of mine ever since I saw her awesome office makeover on Young House Love over a year ago! I've been following her blog ever since, and she's truly the guru and authority on everything organization! {in my opinion!}

Join me in welcoming her to the blog as she shares apart of her closet with us today!

*******


I am beyond excited for the opportunity to guest post and share my little closet obsession as part of The Worley House Closet Series!

Over the last year, I began a mission in our home.  That mission is to stop treating our closets as typical stash and go storage and to begin treating them as another room in our home.   Closets are looked in every day, they are used to organize and contain our belongings and many have endless amounts of untapped potential.

The number one way that I start any closet transformation, is with color.  I LOVE to paint or wallpaper the inside of any closet.   That change alone really keeps me excited to keep the contents of the closet in order.

The first closet I transformed was in our guest room {temporary Master Bedroom while our actual Master Bedroom was being renovated}.  It started out as a craft storage closet…
Photobucket
We painted it out, added wallpaper, shelving, a built in desk and boatloads of wall storage with bins, bulletin boards, pencil cups and more! 

Photobucket

It became a sanctuary of a work zone just for me.  The perfect place to craft, blog and journal.  The closet is still being utilized to house all of my crafts, however, now, it’s a place I can work in and enjoy and keep wide open as an extension of the bedroom!

Because my oldest son was so smitten with my new work zone, and had a hardly utilized closet himself, we did it again… Taking this:

Photobucket

To this!

Photobucket

Now, he has a homework nook that he loves to spend time using not only for homework, but also for building legos and puzzles and even finishing up a craft project or two!  It has oodles of storage with more installed shelving, a desk, peg and cork board and even a towel bar for his giant craft paper roll.  By painting it out, it feels like it is part of the overall room he loves it because it’s his very own personal place.

Next closet on my list was in our boys shared bedroom.  It really wasn’t functioning well at all!

Photobucket

We made some changes to their bedroom space that took away their dresser storage, so it was time to really make the closet work harder. 
We painted it, popped in a narrow bookcase that holds labeled canvas “drawers” along with some inexpensive wooden dowels and a melamine shelf along the top.  Wowzers, that closet quadrupled in the function department!

Photobucket

When it came to the kitchen coat closet, it just needed a little prettying up, which was again completed with paint and wallpaper!

Photobucket

Such a difference, I never worry about leaving the door to the closet open any longer!

Photobucket

With all of these closets under my belt, imagine how excited I was to begin taking on my biggest closet challenge yet.  Our newly remodeled Master Bedroom closet!  It once was a standard walk-in:

Photobucket

It was crowded and I am claustrophobic so I really didn’t like going in there for any reason, especially to put away laundry.  The hubs and I couldn’t seem to agree on our closet “zoning” either.  Not anymore!
We tore out a wall and made a GIANT dressing room instead!   And you all get to take a never seen before peek at the most recent updates that have been made!

Photobucket

I started out by painting the dressing room in Behr’s Frozen Pond, which matches the adjoining Master Bedroom.  From there, I added an entire stenciled wall and an armoire for each of us.  It’s amazing how much storage each armoire actually contains, especially after we popped some standard shoe racks in the bottom of each!

Photobucket

The dresser in-between the armoires will be great for holding accessories and undergarments, while the armoires themselves will be responsible for all of our every day and formal wear. 
By creating an entire room vs. the walk in, we have a ton of space, our Master Bedroom feels twice as big, we each have our own designated storage space and I was even able to pop in a vanity and treadmill!  Wahoo!

Photobucket

We are about to move back into our newly renovated space, so I started filling up vases and decorative bowls and dishes with my personal belongings!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have all sorts of plans to make this place great like adding some pops of yellow, a bench for seating and changing and a larger built in vanity.  But for now, it’s already eons better than the crowded closet we had prior.  I feel like a pretty princess every time I enter the space, and I hope that never wears off!

It’s amazing to me to see what a difference a little love can make to any closet space.  Thank you so much to Andrea for having me here today so share some examples of why I love a little “wow” in a closet space.  It makes me so closet proud and itching to conquer another one soon!

*****

Aren't all those ideas just amazing, functional and leave you inspired to start making over your own closets! See, I told you Jen really has a knack for organization and style! Jump on over to Jen's blog and leave her some love today! 

IHeart Organizing

Happy Wednesday Friends! 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...