Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 13, 2012

{DIY} Christmas Card Book

I mentioned last weekend that I was making something special with the Christmas cards we received this year from friends and family, and today I wanted to show you what I came up with.

I came across this idea from Eighteen 25, I really loved the idea but I knew I wanted to use all my own stuff that I already had on hand. I'm desperately trying to get rid of my scrap booking supplies so that's why I wanted to use what I already had, just to get rid of it and make something with it.

Here's what I came up with;

Photobucket
First I used some glitter paper to make a cover, using some sticker letters I spelled out "Christmas" and the year. Next, I used a hole punch to punch two holes into all my cards for my book.

Photobucket
I added some ribbon trim to the front as well. Then cut two strips of coordinating ribbon to string through the holes to make my book.

Photobucket
After all the cards we strung through I added a cover to the back and then the front one again. Then I loosely tied the ribbons so that you could still open and flip through the book easily.

Photobucket

Here she is all finished. I plan on making these every year now and displaying them so guests can look at them during the holiday season.

What do you think? Have you done anything special with your cards lately?

Linking this project with:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...