Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 23, 2012

{DIY} Zebra Print Cupcake Toppers

Photobucket

I'm back with another fun birthday party post! I've bought several cupcake toppers like this from various Etsy shops and loved them. I decided this year to try and make my own, they are so easy and they are a great way to get rid of all that scrapbook paper I've got sitting around! Here's how to start making your own:

Photobucket

Here's what you'll do:
I like to choose two paper colors for contrast, but you could always just do 1 color. This is just a method you can switch this up anyway you like. 
Photobucket

I knew I wanted to make 24 cupcake toppers. I used the scallop punch to punch out 24 zebra print circles from the zebra paper. Then I used the circle punch to punch out 24 from the turquoise paper. Once you have them all punched out, set them aside for the next step.

Photobucket

I used some small foam squares to "glue" them together. Plus it added a nice 3D effect that I liked. If you can't find these or don't have any you can just glue the two circles one on top of each other. When you're done all of them will look like the last picture. Now, you're ready to glue on your lollipop sticks. 

I used my hot glue gun to glue on the sticks to the back. Just use a small dab of glue and attach the stick to the back. Keep repeating this step until they are all glue on. They will end up looking like this:

Photobucket

Now you're ready to put them on top of your cupcakes!

Photobucket

Aren't they cute?! I can't wait to add these to her party decor! If you don't feel like making your own lucky for you I made a few extras and I'm selling them in the shop!  

Happy Cupcake Topper Making! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...