Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 16, 2012

Design Ideas for Our Baby Boy Nursery

Since finding out that we're having a baby boy the ideas have been swirling about for how to design his nursery. It's exciting this time to be having a totally different gender and being able to design a completely different nursery. At first I thought I wanted to do something nautical, but then my mind changed and I knew I wanted to do something that would incorporate my husband's love of Sooner Football but with a modern twist. My goals for the room we're the same goals I had when dreaming up Ava's nursery:

1. Design something not to baby-ish that he could transition into
2. Mix modern and tradition pieces while still giving it personal touches
3. Stay in budget

Baby Boy Nursery



I really want to do neutral walls with the color but add in pops of red with the art work, curtains and accessories. I'm also loving this red chevron fabric that I found online to make a fun bed skirt with. Most of the big items we already have, we'll be using the same crib and changing table that Ava has in her room seen above. Also the glider will be taken out of Ava's room and moved into the nursery as well.

I really want to create a gallery wall of prints and photographs. Orion and I choose Bible verses for our children, we call them their "life verses" and they are scripture that we pray over them and use at their dedications. For the boy, we prayed and choose Micah 6:8. I was lucky to find a print that I love from Joy's Hope's shop: Hope for Sudan and bought it right away.



I love this print and it goes perfectly in the nursery plans. Here are a few other prints that I love for the gallery wall;

Source: etsy.com via Andrea on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Andrea on Pinterest


I really love these curtains as well, they are a bit pricey so I'm trying to decide if I can DIY them or if I love them enough to purchase them?!



Lots of fun ideas, I'm excited to start putting them all together and decorating. You can see my full inspiration of ideas here on my Pinterest board. 

Are you currently designing any spaces in your home? I'd love to hear your design inspiration thoughts. Leave them in the comments below. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...