Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 26, 2013

HIS love runs deep for us.


When we were in the hospital for the first time when I gave birth to Ava, I remember those first few seconds they put her on my chest and Orion and I sat there and just starred and cried at this little miracle. So overwhelmed with love and all kinds of emotions as first time parents. 

Those few days we spent in the hospital were spent soaking up every moment as new parents. When we got home and started to settle into life with a newborn, everyday I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with love for this little one. 

And in those first few weeks of Ava's life, I started to have this revelation of what the Father's love for us his children must be like. I've been following Christ for much of my life, I have felt his goodness and love in my life several times. But, it wasn't until I had children of my own that I feel like I could really understand and grasp his love for us.

His love runs deep.

When we mess up, and do dumb stuff he still loves us.

He still is there, waiting for us to run to him with open arms. 

Just like the father was there to greet the prodigal son when he returned. God is always there for us. The Bible is overflowing with scriptures about love, about his love for us and how we should love others.

God's greatest commandment is love. 

Just as the Father has loved me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. John 15:9

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:10

When I think about these things I can't help but be encouraged in my own relationship with Christ. Encouraged in my marriage, in my parenting and relationships with each other.

If we do, think and respond with an attitude of love towards one another how much better would love areas be? 

Responding to my children in love when I'm correcting them instead of anger or frustration. Thinking with attitudes of love towards my husband even when I do not always feel like it. Nurturing realtionships with friends in love. 

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us.  Eph 2:4

Life is not always perfect, neither are we. But, daily come back to HIS love for you. Let HIS love for you overflow out of your heart, have an attitude of love and see it begin to change your perspective and how you respond in your own life. 

I encourage you today, and challenge you and myself to this week think about how you can express love to others, to your family and in your life. 

How much has the Father loved us, that we should pour out love to others around us. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...