Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 16, 2013

Our Bodies Were Made to Do This.

Happy Friday guys!

If we were having coffee today, this is what I'd tell you. 


You guys, last night I started the Couch to 5K program (#C25K). I'm not a runner but after doing 3 months of shredding with Jillian and only occasionally running I decided I want to run.

Let me tell you for most of my life I've had a hate relationship with running. My best friend tried to get me to run when we were in high school. Didn't happen.

When Orion and I were first married we had a gym and for like a week I was a runner and then I went back to hating it! Moral here, I hate to run. I'd rather poke my eyes out.

But, sometimes if you want to reach your goals you have to push yourself further than you've been. Step out of your comfort zone and try new things. Embrace new things. Love what you hate.

While I was running last night I had this moment of clarity as I was running I just kept thinking our bodies we're made to do this. God made our bodies to work for us and not against us. But we fuel our bodies with crap making it so we can't do anything with our kids without feeling winded. Our society tells us we can eat crap and we believe these lies!

But God made our bodies to work. They are like these awesome machines that we need to take care of so that we can be here for the long haul.

I can do it. You can do it. Keep going.

If we were having coffee today, what would you tell me? Have you completed this program? What's been going on in your week?

linking up today with Alissa from Rags to Stitches.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...