Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 23, 2013

Three Helpful Tips for Weight Loss!


Hi Friends! Today, I want to share with you some helpful tips and things that I've learned being on this journey to lose weight and become a healthier version of myself.

I know you want a quick fix, I know you want me to reveal to you this magic potion that will make you skinny and all your fat dissapear. I know, I wanted that too. But, the truth is that losing weight and creating a better life is WORK!

I've literally been working my butt off these last few months in order to see results. And here's the truth you just have to start. You have to start somewhere, so why not start today.

Right after you read this post, ok? Deal.

These are just my thoughts and things that have helped me in losing 50+ pounds thus far. First thing, these are besides exercise. You can not expect to lose weight if you're not moving your body. So these tips are beyond that.

1. A Positive Attitude 
You won't start anything new if you have already defeated yourself before you start. The biggest part in working out is pushing yourself through those mental blocks so that you can push yourself through the physical ones. When I started working out I was out of shape, couldn't do half of the things Jillian (30 Day Shred) wanted me to do but you know what? I kept going. I kept an open mind and decided that I wanted to do this, that I needed to do this for my body and so that I could live the best life for my family and children. A positive attitude makes all the difference when you start.

2. Set Goals & Reward Yourself
Setting goals for yourself helps to keep you motivated. And you need to stay motivated if you're going to keep going. I don't know what your goals are, they can be big or they can be small. When I started the only goal I had was to lose the 32 pounds that I'd gained with baby #2. Once I hit that goal I re evaluated where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do with my lifestyle. So I set new goals to help keep me motivated. Once I reached a goal I also set a reward for myself. When I could no longer fit into any of my jeans I rewarded myself with going shopping for new ones. Setting small and big goals has helped me stay motivated and it can help you too.

3. Drink Lots of Water
Give up your sugary drinks, your soda and stay hydrated. Most of the time when we're "hungry" or craving something it's our bodies way of telling us were de hydrated, especially if we've already had a meal. So if you've already had a meal before you reach for the cookie drink a glass of water and see if you're still hungry or having those cravings. Aim to drink at least a gallon of water a day, or half your body weight in ounces of water daily. I drink water all the time! Very rarely these days do I drink anything else, unless I'm out with some friends I may treat myself to a Dr. Pepper but in moderation. Drinking water will help flush out your system and aid in your weight loss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...