Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 21, 2008

Up for the Challenge!

My Husband loves challenges, he's the most competitive person I know. And I love him for it. We occasionally make wagers on things that usually result in him doing laundry for a month. Last night we both were sitting on the patio reading our respective books and sipping tea. Ahh...such is the good life! Orion asked me, how many books I thought I could read before the end of the year. I love reading, and to tell you the truth, I used to read a lot more. Some where in the craziness of life, I haven't been reading nearly as much as I would like. And so, the challenge has begun! Hubby and I decided that we'd have a challenge to see who could ready the most amount of books before the end of the year.
Each month we'll keep a tally & record of what books we read, and see who's the winner at the end of the year. I'm excited, and up for it. It's motivating me to read the books on my shelf that I bought that I haven't yet broken the binding on. We haven't yet decided on a wager, maybe it will just be the sheer joy and excitement to read more than Hubby! That's reason enough for me. Currently I'm reading: The Power of a Praying Wife. So far, I love it. It's such an easy read, with short chapters. Right now it's a little repetitive on some things I feel like I heard in marriage counseling, but either way I think it's always good to hear those things over and over.
Keep up with me; each time I finish a book and add a new one I'll have what's on my current reading list at the bottom right of my blog. Follow along with me, during my challenge. And maybe take up a challenge of your own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...