Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 1, 2009

The Realization of What We Have

Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.
Anonymous
I've been thinking a lot lately about being content, and what does that really mean for me, for most people? With a baby on the way, somehow I pictured things looking different for us. I pictured us still in our 3 bedroom town home, with all the things I felt were my right to have after we've worked so hard. Or is it okay that we don't live near family anymore? I pictured something different, and found myself asking the question;
"Can you make anything work?"
"Can we still have all we want, even though it doesn't look like we thought it might?"
"Do locations or circumstances change you? Or do they just add another layer of yourself?"
I don't think so. No matter where you go, or who you're with the good and the bad will remain. But, you can change. I can change. God can change us if we ask him to. I don't just want to be happy that we live in a pretty place or that we have nice things. But, I want to always be thankful and remember the bigger picture in all of it.
A wise person once told me that Perspective is what it's all about. No matter what happens to you in life, or how your circumstances change from what you thought. Keeping your perspective is what matters most, during the times when things can shake us.
God's provision makes me content, makes me realize all that we have. And even though things are not as a once pictured them, at the end of the day I know that I am blessed. I know that God will provide and has provided.
As we start a new chapter in our lives, I know that we are right where God wants us to be. Right here. No matter what it looks like. That brings happiness and a smile to my heart. I know we can do anything.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...