Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 18, 2010

{DIY} Lantern Makeover

I've got a thing for pretty little lanterns in my house. I've got a few already, and if the Hubby would let me I think I'd add a few more. But, we might have to wait till we have a bigger space before we start cluttering it all with a bunch of lanterns. It could get overwhelming. 

Here's a little lantern project I worked on this week, I got these lanterns a few years ago when I was trying to decorate my first place right out of college, before Orion and I were married. I picked them up for a steal at Ross for $3.99 a piece. 

I'm working on a Nautical themed bathroom makeover, and I thought they would be perfect in there. But, they are wrought iron and a little to dark for the look we're going for. Here's the before:


And, armed with a little white spray paint (which you can pick up at Wal-Mart for 99 cents) I spray painted these beauties. Here's the after:
And here they are in my bathroom, a little sneak peek to see what I'm working on: 
I placed them on a white serving tray that I picked up on clearance last year at Pier 1, and placed our "vacation rocks" on the tray. I wanna add a few more to the tray, we're still working on the bathroom redo. More to come. 

This was a sweet and easy little project for the week, what do you think? 

Be Creative Challenge
Week #23

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...