Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 12, 2010

Milestones: Sleeping Through the Night

I didn't want to say anything at first, for fear that I might jinx it or add to much pressure to my girl, but I am happy and proud to say that Ava has been successfully sleeping through the night this whole entire week!

I've been reading a lot about creating routines for them to help them establish their nights from their days. So, this past Monday I really worked on creating a routine for her. Mostly a bedtime routine. 

To my surprise Monday night after a bath, some rocking in the chair, some songs sung by Mommy I laid her in her crib and she fell asleep and didn't awake till 6 am the next day. 

I almost couldn't believe it when I woke up Tuesday morning. So I continued this routine this whole week and our girl has been doing great, and taking bedtime on like a champ! 


I'm pretty excited that she's sleeping through the night. It means a little more sleep for me, and I will always welcome that. 

She's a pretty laid back baby. I love that about her. She's been taking about three naps during the day. She's eating every three hours now. 

She's been talking and talking a lot this week. It's so fun to watch her. She makes new discoveries every day. This week she discovered she could suck her thumb. 

It's been pretty cute to watch. She'd rather have that than her binky. Which I am totally ok with her finding new ways to self soothe. 
So how long this sleeping through the night phase lasts is to be determined, but either way our girl is finding her own way in this BIG world.

And, we are proud! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...