Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 27, 2010

Design Inspiration & Ideas: A Green Christmas


Usually I do a red, gold, silver theme with my decorations but this year I'm dreaming of something different. Hubby says I'm on a green kick and it's carried over to Christmas. He maybe right. 

This year I'm inspired by greens, white and silvers, take a peek:



This picture is one of my faves, it reminds me of my Grandma's house. I love everything about rustic meets modern Christmas. 

The stockings on the stairs, swoon...... if I didn't have a mantle and had stairs I'd totally copy this idea! I already had all the white and silver ornaments and decor since that's what I've worked in the decorating for the last 3 years. But, I needed to get the green elements. Lucky for me Hubby was on board with this idea [he even had a few of his own] and helped me shop earlier today. 

So now, I have all my trimmings and I'll be spending the rest of the day decorating our home. We're gonna listen to Christmas music and decorate. Later today, we're heading to our town's annual Christmas celebration, Orion & I went last year and had a lot of fun. This year we'll take Ava with and have some happy family time. 

Next week, I'll be showing some of the DIY Christmas projects we've been working on. Stay tuned. Happy decorating to all of you this weekend! 

photo credits: bhg.com & realsimple.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...