Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 31, 2011

12 in 12: Book #8

Wow! August is already over, can you seriously believe it?! My August book was a great read. I was really excited to read this one, I'd heard a lot of great things about it. I love reading and hearing people's stories, their testimonies and about their lives.



Candace Cameron Bure rose to fame on the hit t.v. show Full House. I'm not ashamed to say that I really loved DJ Tanner growing up. {they just don't make t.v. like that anymore} Today she's a wife, mother and actress. Her book chronicles her life's story, he struggle with bulimia and food addiction and how her faith in Jesus Christ help her overcome.

More than just a book about food addiction Candace shares her personal testimony and practical advice for letting God be the center of your life, letting him fill the voids that food or any other thing in your life that may hold a bigger place than God.

What I really loved about this book was how practical it is. She offers scriptural backing to her advice, practical tips for keeping life biblically on track, and even recipes straight from her kitchen to yours. She offers sound biblical advice for shaping not only your physical appearance, but also your spiritual life with the Lord.

It motivated me to start making some changes in my own life in some specific areas, as well as gave me the accountability to do so. I truly recommend this book, I even have a few ladies in mind that I think would benefit greatly from hearing her story.

Now, I'm off to go watch Make It Or Break It!


Photobucket
(***** my rating)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...