Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 21, 2013

Carving Pumpkins with #PumpkinMasters



Carving pumpkins is always on the list for Fall activities for many families, ours too! I also love painting pumpkins as well so we do a mixture of both a lot of times. Pumpkin Masters sent me a box of goodies to help get me started in our carving adventures. 


Couple things that I love about these pumpkin kits, the carving tools are safer than using kitchen knives, plus they come with all sorts of patters to use as guides. They have all sorts of kits; one for kids, surface carving kits, punches that you can use too. Pumpkin Masters kits can be found at your local grocery stores, craft stores and Target.


We chose to do the surface carving kit, I loved the swirl pattern one. So we cut out the design and taped it to the pumpkin like the instructions said. 


Even though these tools are safer than kitchen knives, I would still caution supervising your children with these kits. 


Once you have your design all taped on, using the tools trace the outlines of the swirl design. Then using your carving tool, carve the surface of the pumpkin. 




Hubby got in on the carving action as well, especially when my hand started cramping with all the swirls in the carving pattern. Ava loved the feel of the pumpkin after we did the surface carving. 



She proudly placed it on the porch with all of our other pumpkins.

Pumpkin Masters is having their very own carving contest on Instagram & Twitter. 
Simply tag your images with #pumpkinmasters2013 see full contest rules here.


Have you carved pumpkins yet this year? Would you like to WIN a Pumpkin Masters carving kit as well? If you'd like to be entered to win a carving kit of your own leave me a comment below telling me what your fave Fall activity to do with your family is! I will choose a winner Tuesday! 

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...