Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 24, 2009

Starting the Day:

I have a few devotional books that I rotate between and read. Here's what I love about all 3 of these books; the format is daily. No matter what day, week, or year you pick these up you can start reading. I like devos that are daily, I feel they work best for me. They give a reference point and I like that.

Here's my #1 tip for starting a devotional life: Find what works best for you. You can talk to others about what they do but, in the end you have to find what works best for you.

For example; my Husband is a morning devo guy. The type that gets up before work prays and does his devos. I am not a morning person, I am not at my best in the AM. So I do my devos and pray mid morning over coffee usually around 10 am. I feel more awake at this time and it's just better for me. There's no right or wrong way, just find what works for you best and start.

Here's a few of my fave devotionals to read:
New Day, New You
by Joyce Meyer

I bought this devo a couple years back at a Women's Retreat. And I've been loving it ever since, I like her writing and perspective.
My Utmost for His Highest
by Oswald Chambers

This is a classic, given to me by my Grandmother. She reads this daily, and has for years. She gave this to me while I was in college. And even though my version is King James and older I still love it. I love his thoughts, and what this book brings to the table.
The Message Remix: Solo

My Husband picked up this devo this year, and he really loves it. I like it for the fresh and modern take on scripture. I like mixing this in with the older staples.

What are some of your favorite devo books?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...