Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 19, 2011

Fall Inspired Mini Donuts

This post was orginially written for a series on Mom Endeavors, but I thought I would share it here as well.


Photobucket


****

A while ago I got this mini donut baking pan from the grocery store. I've had it for a while now, and was just waiting for a good excuse to whip some of these up. During nap time one day I made a batch and sprinkled them with some fun Fall inspired sprinkles.

They are so festive and fun, and my daughter was happy to be my taste tester once she woke up from her nap! These are a cake donut that are baked in the oven. Much more healthy than a fried version.

Photobucket

Here's what you'll need:
1 1/4 c. cake flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp. buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 table spoon butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake for 4-6 minutes until the tops spring back when touched. Let them cool in the pan.

In a large mixing bowl blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.  Add buttermilk, egg and butter and stir until just combined. Fill each donut cup 1/2 full.

I put all my batter in a Ziploc bag and snipped the end of it and filled my pan. It makes it a lot easier to fill them with less mess.

Bake 4-6 min. Until tops spring back when you touch them. They will be golden brown on bottom.

Next I gathered my sprinkles and frosting. For the frosting I just used some store bought vanilla icing that I melted a bit and put into another Ziploc bag and snipped the end to drizzle across my donuts.

Photobucket

Drizzle frosting across the donuts and then top with sprinkles as many as desired. Then you're done! So cute and simple! You'll wanna eat more than just one!

Photobucket

How's your weekend so far? Last night, I attended the Bakerella book signing with some girlies. {more on that later}

Today, Hubby is running a 10K!
What are you up to this weekend?

Happy Friday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...